- For sadness resulting from romantic disappoints and for ailments from love-sickness, try Ignatia amara.
- When you have been slighted or rejected by a romantic “hopeful”, a dose of Palladium may set you straight.
- When you are “in the dumps,” lonely or feeling forsaken by your friends, Pulsatilla may come in handy.
- When a relationship becomes rocky and you feel a sense of anger or mortification by something your loved one has said or done, a dose of Staphysagria may work better than a stiff drink!
- If you have been out of “the dating game” for too long because you have never gotten over your last relationship, Natrum muriaticum may give you a new lease on life.
- For those who have tragically lost their true love and may even feel like joining them (suicidal), Aurum metallicum can heal their wounds.
As you can see, homeopathy has a specific remedy for each of these circumstances and the varied emotions these situations bring with them. Conventional medicine would probably prescribe antidepressants (i.e. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, SSRI’s) to suppress unpleasant, but real feelings. SSRI’s work by flooding the brain with the “feel good” neurotransmitter serotonin creating a false “high”.