The Microwave spectrum covers frequencies from 300MHz to 300GHz. This technology has become a part of our everyday lives- in the workplace, in every city, in our home and our schools and even our cars
What devices use microwaves?
It’s not just your microwave oven (which I hope you have thrown out a long time ago, and if you haven’t, there are a few articles about that here, too). Here’s a sample of devices that this research covers:
Cellular Phones; Cordless Phones (900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz); Bluetooth; WIFI, wireless internet or WIMAX; DECT station phones (6.0GHz); wireless devices such as gaming systems (Wii, GameBox, Playstation, etc.), iPad, iTouch and other handheld internet browsing devices; Nook, Kindle and other digital book readers; and so many other devices.
While agencies like the FDA, the American Cancer Society and the FCC still do not believe there is enough evidence of the health effects of Microwave communication devices, the ever growing database of studies and anecdotal evidence is likely to convince you that at the very least, you should reduce you usage and exposure considerably.
We will present you here with evidence as we come across it so that you can decide for yourself if it is harmful or not. Please feel free to use this information to help your family and friends, coworkers and classmates to make informed choices about the technology they are going to use. In addition, we will link to numerous sites with large databases of information, link to sites where folks are fighting issues related to microwave technology, and offer solutions for those who wish to shield themselves/reduce their exposure to this technology.
If you are aware of any other studies or resources, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Wired Child: Protecting Our Children from Wireless Technology
Commentary: Great resource for those trying to eliminate WIFI from your child’s school, for those trying to educate parents and children of the addition health effects microwaves have on children, and more
- Dr. George Carlo Interviews and Resources
- Electrosensitive Society
- Next-Up.org BioInitiative Report
Commentary: This is a very large, and somewhat difficult to navigate website (due to the multiple languages it’s available in- English is not the first language) with the latest initiatives from being taken: against the proliferation of cellular devices; insisting on safety of wireless communications; surveying the symptoms reported by people from exposure to these antenna and devices; and so much more. Sign up for their very informative newsletters. (Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Japanese, Greek, and several other languages)
From their site: “We represent citizens concerned about the proliferation of wireless technologies and their impact on health. We represent citizens who want our government to set exposure standards for electromagnetic radiation that are biologically based, instead of being based on long since invalidated thermal standards. We represent the growing percentage of the population that has become electrically sensitive—people who are finding it increasingly difficult to cope in wireless environments. The benefits of modern life, including the ability to participate in society, and hold jobs in traditional office buildings, are increasingly not available to an estimated 3-8% of Americans today. And, we represent the people who want rights of state and local governments to establish healthy environments in their communities returned—rights that were taken away in the Telecommunications Act of 1996, which tied the hands of local governments, preventing them from resisting towers and antennas in their communities on health or environmental grounds—even when harm became clear.”
Collections Of Studies
- Recent scientific publications relevant to mobile telephony – April 2009
- Thirty-five years in bioelectromagnetics research, C-K Chou
Extremely Low Frequency Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (Elf’s)
- A pilot investigation of the effect of extremely low frequency pulsed electromagnetic fields on humans’ heart rate variability
- Effects of information and 50 Hz magnetic fields on cognitive performance and reported symptoms
Mobile Phones And Children
Video Reports Of Warnings
Brain Tumor Warnings
- Long-term use of cellular phones and brain tumours: increased risk associated with use for > or =10 years.
- Dr. Khurana’s Report on Brain Tumors
Movies, Videos On Cell Phone Harm
DNA Effects – Genotoxicity
“Drs. Lai and Singh found double-strand DNA breaks…”Dr. Lai and Singh have shown that wireless radiation common to cell phones and Wi-Fi break DNA strands which is a cause for cancer and many other diseases. This radiation also opens up the blood-brain barrier and allows toxins to flow into the brain, and increases free radical damage to cells.
- Evidence that Electromagnetic Radiation is Genotoxic
The FCC limit for public exposure from cellular telephones is based on a thermal heating rating called the SAR level (the Specific Absorption Rate is a measure of the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed by the body) and is 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg). Wireless radiation has been found to do damage to DNA far below the thermal heating level so the current laws/levels are not accurate in establishing a safe level of exposure. Several studies are showing that low-intensity radiation up to 200,000 times BELOW the safety standard cause biological effects. These include: DNA damage, leakage in the blood-brain barrier, lowered immunity, formation of micronuclei (biological marker for cancer), and others. Some scientists are calling for a new standard as the SAR measure proves to be inadequate.
- Dr George CarloInside Research: Most of the telecom industry-sponsored research say the current levels are safe. There is one huge exception and that is the research done by Dr. Carlo who was asked by Motorola in the early 90’s to research the health effects of cell phones. That $25 million project found there is much cause for concern (increased tumors, cancer, etc from cell phones) and the results were covered up. Independent studies on the risks show a clear cause and effect relationship between cell phone radiation and diminished health.
- Sworn testimony of physicians, research scientists, engineers and attorneys in two recent Colorado court cases explain how federal policy in the United States is not protecting people from adverse health effects of RF radiation. The FCC’s Policy on Human Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields does not protect against long-term, low-intensity exposure.
Governments And Organizations Banning Wireless Technology
- Governments and Organizations that Ban or Warn Against Wireless Technology, updated Oct 2009
- Speech at SF City Hall Opposing City-wide WiFi Hotspot
- Council of Europe seeking ban on mobile phones in schools
- Electrosmog-What Price Convenience?
First paragraph of document: The public debates over tobacco, x-rays, and asbestos took over 100 years to officially settle public health issues. Today, we are witnessing the same debate over “electrosmog”— an ever- increasing, ubiquitous, invisible form of pollution generated by all-things-wireless and other technologies utilizing non-ionizing radiation.
Experts Expressing Concerns
Effects Of Microwaves
- Serious Public Health Concerns Raised Over Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) from Power Lines and Cell Phones
- Santini et al 2002, 2003 Symptom Graph Distance from Base Station
- Cell phone radiation may fight Alzheimer’s… in mice
- Health Effects Associated with Radio Frequency Radiation
- Analysis of Health and Environmental Effects of Proposed San Francisco Earthlink Wi-Fi Network