Learn tips on how to protect your homeopathic remedies while flying and how to use homeopathy to help cope with some of flying’s common side effects.
How to protect your homeopathic remedies while in an airport, and while in an airplane:
- Leave liquid homeopathic remedies at home: Liquid homeopathic remedies are more susceptible to becoming damaged by influences in their environment. They can be antidoted from being “scanned” or X-rayed. Pulsed high-frequency microwaves from cell phones and air-to ground transmitters bouncing around inside the airplane’s aluminum fuselage can weaken or destroy liquid remedies benefits. Vibrational effects from flying at a high speed, as well as ultrasonic noise emitted from the airplane’s engines, are also damaging to liquid remedies. Add to that strict Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations in the US about “open bottles with liquid,” you most likely won’t be able to bring them on the plane with you anyway!
- Bring pellets: If you need to take any remedies while flying, bring them on the plane with you in pellet form. Pellets are more resistant to the effects of vibrations, ultrasounds and X-rays, although repeated exposure to these fields will not only weaken them, but can eventually render them totally ineffective as well. You can take your empty remedy bottles and pellets, have them hand searched at check-in, and mix the next higher potency when you arrive at your destination. See also the section below on “Knowing your rights.”
- Homeopathic remedy kits containing vials of pellets (globules, pills) are a convenient way to have emergency homeopathic remedies with you at all times. Personally, we never travel without one. However, repeated exposure to the stresses of flying, cellphones and scanners will eventually weaken the pellets, too.
- If you are going to be gone for extended periods of time, consider mailing your remedies to your intended location. Do not mail liquid homeopathic remedies – mix them when you open them. If finding distilled (or purified) water will be an issue at your destination, include a small bottle of water/alcohol mix (10% alcohol) in the package.
- Consider that in many countries in the world, homeopathy is a well-known and accepted form of medicine. Most European countries, India, Australia, Canada and the United States will have at least some access to homeopathicpharmacies. Use the internet to search your destination to see if there are homeopathic pharmacies nearby.
- (UPDATED JUNE 16, 2018) Put your remedies into a faraday bag (like the ones found here). These bags offer nearly complete protection from the harmful effects of EMFs and microwave radiation and will give your liquid and pellet remedies an extra layer of protection. We keep our remedies in them all the time!
Know your rights and wrongs when flying…
- Scans and X-rays are harmful to your health. It is tempting to quickly pass through the invasive scanner due to time considerations, but consider this – even one x-ray can cause cancer. Back-scatter and Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) scanners at airports have been linked to cancer. You are already being exposed to more cosmic radiation by flying at high altitudes (flying at night exposes you to less, by the way). Always ask to be patted down in lieu of being scanned. You have the right to opt out of the scanners. Your health will thank you for it when you do.
- You have the right to have your baggage (and yourself) hand checked. You also have the right to have your homeopathic remedies and any other medications hand checked. TSA rules exempt homeopathic remedies from being X-rayed. Hand them to the agents at the check-point, inform them that they are homeopathic medicines and explain that they should not be X-rayed.
Homeopathy for the effects of flying and being scanned
- When you fly in a commercial airliner, you are traveling at over 450mph! This unnatural and violent force upon your body can take it’s toll. And with the exposure to the ultrasonic hum and constant vibrations of the engines, you are likely to end up feeling like a boxer in the ring when you land! The additional exposure to cosmic and man-made radiation inside the plane can wreck havoc on your health, too, especially in sensitive individuals.The effects of flying are sometimes felt as a dull bruised soreness or a feeling that you have been run over by a truck, adding to the discomfort or fatigue commonly known as “jet-lag.” Fortunately, a few doses of Arnica montana 30C can to soothe the adverse effects of plane travel. Not only can Arnica can help your body to overcome the adverse effects of flying, it can help you to adjust to the being in a different time zone.*
- Help undo the effects of scans and/or the increased exposure to cosmic radiation by taking a dose or two of homeopathic X-ray 30C after your travels. While X-rays and back-scatter scans can do damage that is irreparable, homeopathic X-ray can act as antidote to these exposures and help your body to overcome their effects and heal itself again. Take several doses over the course of a day or two.
- People who suffer from colds, allergies, chronic sinus troubles or sinus infections may experience ear pain during air travel, especially during the descent into landing. This is caused by air pressure changes inside the plane’s cabin. Sudden increased pressure can put severe stress on your eardrums. A small tube that connects your middle ear to the throat, called the Eustachian tube, normally assures equal pressure on both sides of the eardrums. However, if the Eustachian tube is plugged, the resulting uneven pressure can cause pain, and even rupture of the eardrum. A few doses of Kali bichromicum 30C may be able to open up the blockage and prevent the earache during plane travel. Also, talk to your homeopath about treatment for chronic respiratory infections.
- Some folks get dry eyes, itchy eyes, dry or stopped up nose and other respiratory irritations from the re-circulated and dirty cabin air you breath while in-flight. Doses of Nux vomica or Bryonia alba, both in 30C, may be helpful with these symptoms.
- Adding to the dandruff, dirt and dust, airplane cabin insecticides are used to prevent lice and other pests, especially on international flights. These poisons can cause a host of both short term and long term complaints such as feelings of lethargy, tremors, chronic headaches, numbness, rashes, ears ringing, vision problems and other neurological symptoms. If you are suffering from the ill effects of airplane insecticides, or from the ill effects of other insecticides, keep in mind that we specialize in homeopathy for environmentally caused disorders, and we work over the phone.
Final words of caution:
Due the above exposures, please be aware that flying in an airplane may cause a set-back** in your chronic homeopathic treatment. This typically happens when some of your current health improvements have not yet “solidified.” We see this more in the beginning through the first 12 months of homeopathic treatment.
When you return home, for the first day take a dose (or several) of Arnica montana 30C***, and a dose or more of X-ray 30C*** every few hours. Then you can get back on track by resuming your chronic homeopathic treatment – mix and begin taking the next higher potency of your chronic daily remedies. Remember, the steady drop (of your daily dose of homeopathic remedies) hollows the stone!
*In addition, you can try rolling up your pants legs and getting a few minutes of sun exposure to the back of your knees. This will help reset your biological clock to adjust to your new location!
**For those suffering from cancer or other serious and debilitating diseases, it is wise to avoid flying at all, especially during homeopathic treatment. Flying can significantly weaken your vital force causing set-backs that one may not be able to recover from in more grave cases.
***Take these homeopathic remedies in liquid, in your usual dosing. You can take a fresh bottle of drinking water and drop a pellet or two of homeopathic Arnica or X-ray into it. Once dissolved, shake the bottle a few times before taking a sip of it throughout the day. Label your bottle with the remedy that’s in it.