- Individualised homeopathic treatment for diarrhoea in children. A meta-analysis of three placebo-controlled randomised trials by Jacobs et al. 2003 showed that homeopathic treatment reduced the duration of diarrhea (p=0.008).1
- Individualised homeopathic treatment for ear infections (otitis media) in children 2,3
- The homeopathic medicine Galphimia glauca for hay fever (allergic rhinitis)4
- The isopathic medicine Pollen 30c for hay fever5
- The homeopathic medicine Oscillococcinum for the treatment of influenza6. This study showed that Oscillococcinum was effective at treating influenza, but ineffective for preventing it.
- The complex homeopathic medicine Vertigoheel for vertigo.7
More research is needed to confirm the findings of these promising studies, particularly large-scale repetitions by other research teams.
To find out more about promising areas of clinical research, see ‘Homeopathy on trial – The need for targeted research’ by Tournier & Roberts, 2013.