Not everyone is happy on Valentine’s Day. Sometimes relationships come to a sudden end, feelings can get hurt, hearts may break. Read on for some homeopathic (alternative health) solutions…
- For sadness resulting from romantic disappoints and for ailments from love-sickness, try Ignatia amara.
- When you have been slighted or rejected by a romantic “hopeful”, a dose of Palladium may set you straight.
- When you are “in the dumps,” lonely or feeling forsaken by your friends, Pulsatilla may come in handy.
- When a relationship becomes rocky and you feel a sense of anger or mortification by something your loved one has said or done, a dose of Staphysagria may work better than a stiff drink!
- If you have been out of “the dating game” for too long because you have never gotten over your last relationship, Natrum muriaticum may give you a new lease on life.
- For those who have tragically lost their true love and may even feel like joining them (suicidal), Aurum metallicum can heal their wounds.
As you can see, homeopathy has a specific remedy for each of these circumstances and the varied emotions these situations bring with them. Conventional medicine would probably prescribe antidepressants (i.e. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, SSRI’s) to suppress unpleasant, but real feelings. SSRI’s work by flooding the brain with the “feel good” neurotransmitter serotonin creating a false “high”.
One problem with this approach is: there are always some adverse side effects from these drugs. And covering up your real feelings may contribute to a false view of a situation preventing your from learning an important lesson.
A Happy Ending?
Taking a homeopathic remedy during times of stress can bring rapid and gentle relief without side effects, without covering up your true feelings and often helping you resolve the situation faster than either with or without the use of drug therapy, or even counseling or psychotherapy.
Taken from our February 2013 newsletter.
Nice article with good timing! I have a friend in need right now with sadness, and guilt over her marriage splitting up 4 years ago! Trying to go off an SSRI that she has used for 4 years. Let’s hope homeopathy comes to the rescue once again! Hope you are well!!!
what about someone who just learned their mother has stage 4 cancer of liver Gallbladder? what would help accompanying grief.
Age 72, all well , not diabetic, over weight but athletic, Lost Sex drive, somewhere feel guilty for My beloved wife.